To lose weight or to remain fit the best and the effective way is running. Running is one of the best exercises that also improve the immune system, increase pulse, make the bones strong, strengthen the muscles, improve cardiovascular fitness and many more.
In the modern busy life, it has become difficult to go outside for a running session. But with the help of modern technology one can easily run inside their house. And it is possible by using a treadmill. Treadmill is the best equipment that can be used for running. Also, on a treadmill, a runner can adjust their running speed and can set a distance as a goal. But treadmills are available at various prices.
Today we have arrived with the ten best treadmills to help those persons who want to exercise at home to remain fit. These treadmills are under 500 dollars and very versatile.
Best Treadmill For Home
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding
Sunny Health & Fitness Folding
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M
NordicTrack Commercial Series 10"
Best Choice Products 800W Folding Electric Treadmill
1. Sunny Health & Fitness Folding
The Sunny Health & Fitness Folding is easy to adjust in the living space for its compact size. One can get 0.5 to 9 mph speed from the treadmill with its 2.20 HP (Horsepower). With its three manually adjustable incline levels the machine can be set to one's desired position for comfortable running. To save space in the living area the machine can be easily folded. One can easily move the treadmill from one place to another with its flexible wheels.
Controlling the treadmill is very easy because all of the controlling buttons are mounted in the handrail. One can easily speed up or down, stop or start the machine by using just their fingertips. It contains an LCD display. The display shows time, distance, speed and all other necessary information to the runner. The machine can carry 220lb with ease. The machine has a soft drop system. With the system, one can easily unfold the machine without damaging the room floor. From this treadmill, one will get only benefits.
Brand: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Easy to fit in any room of the house.
- With its 103lb weight, it can hold up to 220lb.
- Treadmill can provide 0.5 mph to 9 mph speed with 2.20 HP.
- Easy foldable machine can be transferred from one room to another with the help of flexible wheels.
- Size of the running area is 46” long by 15.5” wide.
- Easy accessible handrail buttons for speed controlling and also to stop and start the machine.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T1407M Manual Walking Treadmill
If anyone wants to burn their calories, increase their muscle strength and boost their mood with a running session but have a very low budget then worry not. This one is for them. The machine is perfect because it has all the necessary features that will help a person to all the necessary things. Not only it is perfect but also the machine is very budget friendly it only consumes a little amount of money. It can be placed in any room with a very little space. The machine is so light in weight and with the help of the wheels under the front area the machine is very easy to shift. The body is made of sturdy steel construction. For the body material, the machine can withstand a high amount of weights.
The machine consists an LCD monitor with the monitor one can easily set their desired goal of running and burn their fat to keep the body healthy and in shape. There is no need for electricity to run the machine which saves more energy than other treadmills. The running surface is sleepless that ensures the safety of the runner and also the handlebars are designed with nonslip materials.
Brand: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Lightweight and durable machine body is made of steel materials.
- Machine is only 46.7 pounds weighted.
- Can carry up to 220 pounds of weight.
- Deck size is 42 inches long by 13 inches wide.
- Easy to move with the wheels.
- LCD monitor is used to track one’s performance.
- No need for electricity to run the machine.
3. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill
With this treadmill, anyone can have the gym type feeling inside their home. It has all the features for a fitness person. Whit the quick auto incline button one can easily adjust their desired position for running of the treadmill from 0 to 12 percent. With this treadmill on can get speed from 1 to 8 mph. It has an LCD monitor. The monitor is very versatile. With this monitor one can easily count their running time, running distance, and burned calories. The treadmill has a pulse grip. With the grip, one can check their heart rate in the monitor which is very necessary for a runner to check in.
But the best thing is that the treadmill has a Bluetooth connectivity system where one can easily connect their phone with the treadmill and play their desired music to make their running session more peaceful and enjoyable.
Brand: Sunny Distribution Inc.
- The treadmill is 121 pounds weighted.
- Treadmill can bear 240 lb of weight.
- Contains an adjustable incline button to adjust the incline position from 0% to 12%.
- The deck is 49.5 inches long and 16.5 inches in width.
- Treadmill has an LCD monitor to monitor every detail.
- Has a pulse grip to check the heart rate of the runner.
- Bluetooth and mp3 cord system to listen to one's favorite song at the time of running.
4. UREVO 2 in 1 Under Desk Treadmill
The machine is perfect for those people who are looking for a treadmill which can be used for running and also for walking. With the HP of 2.5, one can get 7.6 mph maximum speed from the treadmill. Also, the machine can hold a maximum of 265 pounds of weight. The running surface is made of nonslip materials with 5 layers. Manufacturer used silica gel column support to the running belt which is very useful in order to safe running. For the silica gel, the running belt absorbs impact from the feet and keeps the runner safe from injuries.
With the 16.9 inches wide and 42.5 inches, long running deck one can easily run and walk on this treadmill. It is designed with an LCD display to monitor running or walking information. There is no need to control the speed manually one can simply use the remote to control the speed. The machine is installation free which means out of the box it is ready to run.
- Weight of the machine is 58.4 pounds.
- The machine can take 265 pounds of weight.
- Has a 2.5HP motor that can produce 7.6 mph speed.
- The running surface is made of 5 layers of nonslip material and backed up with silica gel to absorb impact.
- Running area is 42.5 inches by 16.9 inches in length and width accordingly.
- Speed can be controlled with the remote easily.
5. Treadmill with Dual Display, 2.25HP Under Desk Electric
This treadmill is designed with innovative ideas. The treadmill is perfect for any place like home, gym and office also. It has dual moods. One can fold the handrail in order to get the walking mood and raise the handrail to get the running mode.
The treadmill is designed with two displays. One is situated in the handrail and the other is a LED display below. The display in the handrails is a touch screen. The screen can be used to control the speed of the treadmill easily. The below screen is used to record the information of the running session. With the powerful 2.25 HP, motor one can get 12km/h of running speed. The best part of the motor is it creates a very low noise which is perfect for home and office use. A remote comes with the treadmill in order to help the runner to adjust speed and also to stop the treadmill.
- Designed with dual modes for walking and running just by folding the handrail.
- 74 pounds weighted machine can hold 265 lbs of weight.
- Running deck is 40” long by 16” wide.
- Contains two displays. One is on the handrail which is a touch screen and the other is located in the down area which is a LED display.
- The touch display can be used to adjust speed and the LED display records information.
- 2.25 HP motor is noise free and provides a maximum speed of 12km/h.
6. Best Choice Products 800W Folding Electric Treadmill
If anyone is looking for their family this treadmill would be a perfect choice. Because the treadmill has three running modes of beginner, intermediate and advance. The treadmill requires electric power to operate. The treadmill needs 800 watts to run. With this treadmill, one can get up to 7 mph of speed.
All the buttons including the speed controller, start or stop button and also a heart rate sensor is mounted to the handles. One can use the speed controlling buttons to get six speed modes to get their suitable running speed. The treadmill has holders to hold the necessary things at the time of running like phones, keys or even books. With this machine, all the family members including the little ones can start their fitness journey from the home.
Brand: Best Choice Product
- The treadmill dimension is 48" long by 25" wide and 47.5" in height.
- The treadmill is 61.2 pounds in weight.
- It can hold 175 lbs of weight.
- Speed button can be used to get six speed modes to adjust the suitable mood.
- Easy to fold and easy to carry with the help of the wheels.
- With the help of the monitor, one can track their speed, burned calories and also check their heart rate.
- Designed with holders to hold necessary things at the time of running.
7. REDLIRO Under Desk Bed Treadmill 2 in 1 Walking Machine
For those busy persons who are always in the run and works all day long or for those persons who have to attend an online meeting every day in the morning this treadmill is the best. This treadmill is designed with two modes. If you want to work at the time of running then simply fold the handrails to make the treadmill under the desk. At that time the treadmill provides a maximum running speed of 4 mph. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy a beautiful and carefree running session then raise the handrails. At that time the treadmill can provide with a maximum speed of 7.5mph.
At the time of running if anyone wants to listens to music then they can hold their phone in the phone holder of the handlebar and play their favorite music. With the help of the LED display, one can track their running speed, time, distance and many more. It is very easy to store. One can easily store this treadmill under their bed or sofa.
- Manufacturer used alloy steel to construct the frame of this treadmill.
- It is a 57 pounds weighted versatile treadmill.
- It can hold 220 pounds of maximum weight.
- Dimension is 51.9” (L) x 24.8” (W) x 42.1” (H).
- Can be used as an under desk treadmill simply by folding the handlebar.
- With the 2.25 HorsePower, the machine can provide 7.5 mph speed max.
- Contains mobile or tab holder in the handlebar for entertainment purpose.
- The running surface is made of shock absorbing and nonslip materials.
8. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
With the dimension of this treadmill surface, one can run or walk with ease and maintain one's fitness routine. The treadmill is designed with many handful designs. It contains a 2.25 horsepower motor which will last one year with ease. With the powerful motor, the runner can get 0.5mph to a maximum of 10 mph running speed. One can adjust the speed depending on their running ability. It has three incline levels that can be adjusted manually.
The treadmill contains a 5 inches LCD display that shows all the running related update information. In the side handlebars, it has easy accessible speed controlling buttons. Also, there is a sensor in the bar to check the pulse and keep the runner in the comfortable training zone. While running on the treadmill one can put their mobile or other necessary things in the holding area of the treadmill. The frame of the treadmill is made of steel which is very hard and durable and can hold a big amount of weight easily.
Brand: Spirit Fitness
- Running deck is 16 inches wide and 50 inches long.
- 2.25 HP powerful motor can produce a maximum of 10 mph of running speed.
- Weight of the treadmill is 108 pounds.
- It has the weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- Steel made frame is very durable and sturdy.
- Designed with a 5" LCD display that keeps the runner updated with the running information.
- LCD display contains buttons to control the speed of the treadmill.
- On the handlebar, there is a mounted pulse sensor that tracks the heart rate of the runner.
- The deck surface is designed with extra cushioning to keep the runner safe and to minimize the stress of the runner.
9. ANCHEER Treadmill,2-in-1 Folding Treadmill
For those persons who love to watch movies at the time of running at home this treadmill would be the perfect choice for those people. Because the motor of this treadmill doesn't create noise. This treadmill can be also used for running while working at home by making the treadmill under the desk. This treadmill can be controlled by a remote controller. One can easily hold the remote while running and can control the speed of the treadmill with ease.
This treadmill features an app and also a mounted LED display. Both the app and the display are used for monitoring every information related to the running process. The running surface is made of 7 layers that can absorb shock which ensures the safety of the knees.
- Alloy steel made treadmill is 55 pounds in weight.
- The treadmill can hold 265 pounds of weight of a person.
- The treadmill is 49.8” long, 25.4” wide and 42” high.
- The 2.25 HP motor is noise free which lets the runner to enjoy movies at the time of running.
- The treadmill can be controlled by the LED monitor and also with the help of the remote control.
- To monitor the running information the treadmill features an app.
10. SereneLife Smart Electric Folding Treadmill
This treadmill is compact in design that can be adjusted in any small place with ease. Also, it can be folded up when it is unused to get more space. This treadmill can be used for walking, running and also for jogging. It has a three incline level feature that can be adjusted manually to get the desired running or walking position. Also, the machine is designed with a 1HP motor that can provide a maximum 6mph running speed. The treadmill LCD has convenient touch buttons for speed controlling, operating and also to select mode.
With the help of Bluetooth, one can easily connect with the FitShow app of their mobile and can record their training data like the distance, burned calories. Manufacturer used a hydraulic folding system which is used to fold the treadmill easily. Also, the system is used to drop the treadmill nicely and slowly without any impact on the carpet.
There is good news for those runners who like to drink coffee or tea at the time of running that this treadmill has built in cup holders. One can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at the time of their morning workout session.
- Aluminum made treadmill needs electricity to operate.
- It has 40” long and 16” wide running surface.
- With the 1HP motor, the treadmill can produce 6 mph top speed.
- Treadmill is 60 pounds weighted which is very light than other treadmills.
- Versatile machine can be used for running, walking and also for jogging.
- LCD contains touch buttons to control the treadmill.
- Treadmill has a safety key to shut it in an immediate situation.
- With the hydraulic folding system, the machine is very easy to fold and open.
Buying Guide for Home Treadmill
If you don't want to go out but still want to lose fat at home then the best option for this is a treadmill. A treadmill is very helpful in order to remain fit and healthy. But the problem will arise when you will go to the shop to buy a treadmill. There are many features of a treadmill that one needs to consider. Because those features will help a person while choosing the best treadmill to burn calories.
Let's have a quick look at the important features of a treadmill.
Size- Size of the treadmill should be the first consideration for a runner. As the space of the home is shorter than a gym space one must measure the size of the treadmill. To measure the size of the treadmill, first of all, you have to measure the size of the area where you want to place the treadmill. According to the size choose a suitable treadmill.
After choosing the treadmill size you have to measure the deck size of the treadmill. Because the treadmill has to accommodate with the runner footprint. So measure the width of the deck to avoid injuries. Also, make sure that there is enough space behind the treadmill.
Motor- Motor power is one of the big considerations. The more powerful the motor is the more speed it will produce. The average power rate of a treadmill motor is around 2.25 HP. With the 2.25 Hp, a motor can speed up the deck to 7 mph which is perfect for a runner. But if you want a treadmill for walking or jogging purposes then it would be wise to choose a lower HP motor treadmill.
We would like to recommend you to choose a more powerful motor if you are a heavy person. Also, while buying a treadmill check the warranty of the motor provided by the manufacturer.
Adjustable incline- The adjustable incline feature is a must in order to strengthen the muscle of a runner. The incline option of a treadmill increases the intensity of the training. With the help of the treadmill incline feature, one can make their running hard and fast without increasing the speed. Almost all of the treadmill has this feature. But the difference is that some treadmill provides manually adjustable incline features and some provide button adjustable incline.
Display- To track the speed, to monitor the distance, to check the pulse rate and also to check the improvement in training the most important feature of a treadmill is the display. The display provides the runner with all the running updated information. And by following that information one can simply improve or change their running routine. Also, some display contains touch screen buttons which are very easy to access and used to increase the speed or to easy on and off the treadmill.
Foldable- As we are talking about a home treadmill, therefore, the foldable feature of the treadmill is a must. A treadmill with this feature will provide more space in the room. Our above listed all the treadmill contains this features. In the list, there is a treadmill that comes with a hydraulic folding feature which is very easy to fold and unfold.
But make sure that the treadmill contains a soft drop system. Because with this system the treadmill won't cause any impact to the floor or carpet.
Provided features- Some people like to hear music at the time of running. If you are one of them then you should choose a treadmill that contains wireless Bluetooth features.
Also, some people like to use their mobile while running. For those persons, it would be wise to choose those treadmills features that have phone holding features. There are so many treadmills in our above list that have this feature.
The last feature we are about to talk is for those busy people who like to work at the time of running. There are many treadmills on our list that come with this feature. Those treadmills handlebar can be folded in order to make them under the desk treadmill.
Portability- This feature is needed after finishing one's running session. As we said before almost all of the treadmills in our list can be folded upwards after finishing the running session which will save space. The treadmill of our list also contains flexible wheels that can be used to move the treadmill from one room to another. Also, some of our listed treadmills can be moved under the bed or sofa after the exercise.
Is treadmill bad for knees?
Sometimes it seems that a runner is having knee pain or knee irritation after running on a treadmill. This is the reason for the increase in the speed of the treadmill. Some people like to take their training at an intensive level and increase the speed of the treadmill which affects their knee joints. But the problem can be solved if the runner increases the speed of the treadmill at a decent level. A runner should increase the treadmill speed slowly.
Another effective way to solve this problem is to choose a treadmill that features a cushioned deck. A treadmill with cushioned deck absorbs impact which reduces the pressure in the knee.
Are treadmills good for losing weight?
Of course, treadmills are good for losing weight. In fact, using treadmill for weight loss is a kind of fun experience. With a treadmill, one can set their goal and listen to music to get themselves motivated to achieve their goal. Also, in home one can challenge their family members to burn calories to lose weight.
How much weight can a person lose on a treadmill in a month?
According to some health specialists, one can lose 4 to 5 pounds of weight in a month. With the help of proper Food diet and proper running, it is possible. To lose 4 to 5 pounds of weight one should run at least 20 to 30 minutes a day. If anyone runs for 30 minutes on a treadmill without any break then the process of losing weight will be much effective. But make sure to set the proper speed of running. Fast running will drain much energy and will make a person week. Also, fast running can cause knee injuries. So one should adjust the running speed according to their ability.
There are so many people who want treadmills but can because of the price of the treadmills. This article is for those persons. Because in this article, we have gathered 10 of the best treadmills which are under 500. These treadmills can be used for running, walking and jogging. There are many types of treadmills on our list including under desk treadmills.
We would like to say that take a look and you might find the best one at an affordable price for your home.