If you are a professional cleaner I hope you have faced a sandblaster. A sandblaster is a tool that is used for the cleaning and sanding process at the same time. The work of a wet sandblaster is the same as the traditional sandblasters.
However, there are some differences between them. The traditional sandblaster will produce dust. On the other hand, a wet sandblaster won’t produce any dust at all. Also, using a sandblaster is very easy. Sandblasters are very effective and efficient tools. These tools are also affordable also. Also, using these tools is very easy that a beginner won’t face any difficulties while using these tools.
What is best wet sandblasting kit?
How does a Wet Sandblaster Works?
Basically, the sandblasters use air pressure. It uses an air powered pressure gun at high speed and fires sand through the nozzle. With the help of these one can do multiple tasks. However, the drawback of a traditional sandblaster is that as the blaster produces only sand flows at a high speed, therefore, there will be dust all over the area. One can get injured in the eyes if the person doesn't take any safety measures.
But as we said before with the wet sandblaster there won’t be any sand or dust flying around.
Let's discuss how a wet sandblaster works.
Before starting with the process, first of all, make sure you have a safety helmet. As the wet sandblaster will produce water at high speed through the nozzle the water can get reflected and come to your eyes. With the water there are will be mixed up of sands which can be very dangerous for the eyes. So first of all safety is a must.
- Bags full of Sand.
- A garbage can.
Before starting with the sanding process read the instruction manual. With the help of the instruction manual, you will be able to know which end of the hoes goes to the sand.
Step 1- First of all, fill the garbage can with sand. To do this work, simply place the sandbags over the garbage can and cut the bags with a cutter. Or you can take help from others to hold the sandbags. Using viral grit sands will be a very good idea. Make sure to take enough amount of sand depending on your cleaning surface.
Step 2- After that, insert the end of the hose into the garbage can which you filled with sand.
Step 3- Then connect the other hose to the water faucet and leave the faucet open to get the water supply. A wet sandblaster will need four gallons of water per minute to use the sandblaster. Make sure your faucet can produce this amount of water.
Step 4- After that wear the safety goggles and then start the machine and enjoy your sanding process. But make sure while starting the machine the nozzle is far away from your body.
With the help of these steps, one will be able to use the wet sanding machine easily and efficiently. Again make sure to take a specific amount of sand depending on the surface.
Some Wet Sandblasters
I hope the concept and the usages of a wet sandblaster are cleared to you. However, if you are still confused about wet sandblasters then here are some description about some sandblasters which will clear your confusions. If you want to know about Water Broom Harbor Freight.
1. Tool Daily Pressure Washer Sandblasting Kit, Wet Sandblaster
With a minimum flow rate of 3 GPM this sandblaster can produce a minimum rate of 3000 PSI water pressure. This sandblaster can produce up to 5000 PSI of water pressure. The sandblaster consists of 10 feet hose. It contains a goggle, 16 inches of pressure washer wand, and 17 inches of a sand wand. This sandblaster can produce up to 140° F of hot water. Also, it contains 2 hose clamps to easily attach the hose to the wand.
Brand: Tool Daily
- The minimum flow rate is 3 GPM.
- Can produce up to 5000 PSI.
- Contains 10 feet hose, 16 inches water wand, 17 inches of sand wand, and a goggle.
- Comes with two hose clamp.
2. M MINGLE Pressure Washer Sandblaster Kit, Sandblasting Attachment
This wet sandblaster is capable of producing 2 GPM of flow rate. With this flow rate, the wet sandblaster can produce a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI. The sandblaster can be used with baking soda, silica sand, and also with dried river sand.
The pressure washer contains the accessories of 10 feet hoes, 10 inches of a sand wand, and 16 inches of pressure wand. The nozzles are made of steel.
Brand: M MINGLE
- Produce a flow rate of 2 GPM.
- The maximum water pressure is 2500 PSI.
- Can be used with baking soda, silica sand, river sand, etc.
- Comes with a 10 feet hose, 10 inches sand wand and 16 inches pressure wand.
- Only 8 ounces weighted product.
Advantages of Wet Sandblasters
There are many advantages of using a wet sandblaster rather than using a traditional sandblaster.
Here are the advantages you will get by using a wet sandblaster.
- Using a traditional sandblaster will pollute the environment as the sandblaster will produce dust. But using a wet sandblaster won’t cause any environmental pollution.
- The working surface won’t get damaged at all.
- With the help of this, one can easily access the corners where it would be very hard to reach with other accessories or by hand.
- After using the wet sandblaster you won’t have to remove any residue from the surface as all the residue will be washed away by the flow of the water.
- There won't be any chemical damage to the surface as the wet sandblaster won't require any chemicals to work.
- Also, one doesn’t have to worry about the surface as the machine won’t ruin the dimension of the surface at all.
Usages of Wet Sandblasters
There are many applications of a wet sandblaster. The sandblaster is used for many purposes like paint removal, rust removal, sanding, and many more. Here are some usages of wet sandblasters.
- To remove the paint from a metal surface or to remove rust from a surface the wet sandblaster plays a very vital role.
- Now a day, people use sandblasters to create different types of shapes and designs.
- Wet sandblasters create an anchor type pattern which is an ideal finish pattern.
Without these, there are also many usages. However, using a wet sandblaster won't cost any money for cleaning purposes. It only costs sand and water which are easy to get.
Before buying a wet sandblaster one must consider few things like the amount of water pressure it can produce, the flow rate, the accessories, materials, and also the versatility of the product.
The traditional sandblaster has many disadvantages. It pollutes the environment and can cause harm to the eyes without proper safety measures. Many people search for alternatives. That's why today in this article we have discussed about the wet sandblaster. The wet sandblasters are very versatile and can work with sand, baking soda, silica sand, and many more.
Using wet sandblaster is also very easy. A beginner will also feel comfortable with these tools.