What is crib
The safest place for a newborn baby is the crib. A crib made with quality materials, having enough space for the kid, where the parents can look after their baby with comfort, is a perfect choice for a newborn baby.
- The materials used in the crib should not be hazardous or harmful for your baby.
- Watch out for the design of the crib before purchasing it too.
- There are various types of cribs available in the market. Convertible cribs are my first recommendation. These types of cribs are sold like 4 in 1 convertible crib or 3 in 1 convertible crib. The size of these cribs will increase as your baby grows. You can convert them from baby to toddler and even full-sized bed.
- If you are looking for enhanced portability, buy a mini crib or travel crib. You can roam around the home, keeping your baby safely sleeping inside travel or mini crib.
Cost of crib
Depending on the products' brand and quality, you can buy a crib, spending something around $60 to $500. You can find a cheaper to almost a high-quality crib within this price range. I would suggest you spend more than $120 to go for a medium-quality crib because you shouldn't comprise the crib's quality when your kid's safety is essential. However, high-grade cribs can cost you up to $1000. If you want to spend that large amount of money, then look for a convertible baby crib.
Newly born baby crib cost
There is a difference in the price between a typical crib and a newly born baby crib. You can buy a newly born baby crib by spending within $50 to $120. You can't expect to find a convertible baby crib. You can go for a crib within this price range if you want to change the crib after a couple of years.
Animal crib cost
You enhance the fun inside the sleeping area of your kid by adding an animal crib in it. Animal cribs are a bit less expensive than standard baby cribs. You can find one by spending around $25 to $100. However, the design must be attractive to these cribs and you can ignore this.
What is a crib mattress
To ensure your baby's safety and comfort inside the crib, you have to use a firm crib mattress(youtube). So the mattress used in the baby crib is called a crib mattress. It is quite similar to the conventional adult mattresses but a lot different in firmness.
- Look for a crib mattress that is firm enough. Unlike adults, kids love to have firmness in their sleeping spots.
- A colorful design of the mattress will ensure a sweet sleep for your kid.
- The mattress will get wet now and then, so look for one made with waterproof materials.
- There are different types of crib mattresses available in the market. Mattresses made of foam are lightweight and less expensive too. But you should go for a mattress made of polyester or cotton cushioning. These mattresses are known as innerspring mattresses.
- Another type of mattress you will find is a double side mattress. If you own a convertible crib, this type of mattress will be a better option. You can set one side of the mattress in a baby crib and flip it over to use in a crib for the toddlers.
Crib mattress cost
The cost won't be a matter when you are looking for something to ensure your kid's comfort. A crib mattress costs very much, similar to a crib. From cheaper to expensive one, you can buy a crib mattress within the price range of $50 to $400 and sometimes more than that. Foam mattresses are less expensive compared to innerspring mattresses. Spending around $80 to $250 will be enough for a quality foam mattress, but you have to go over this price range to buy an innerspring mattress.
Size of a crib mattress
The size of the crib mattress depends on the size of the crib you have bought. However, a standard crib mattress should measure a minimum of 52 inches in length and 28 inches in width. You can't use this size of mattresses for travel or mini cribs. Mattresses for mini or travel cribs measure 38 inches by 24 inches, at least. Whatever the size is, remember it provides comfort to your baby. If you are buying a convertible mattress, the measurement will increase automatically.
A few suggested products
Graco Benton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib: It is such a baby crib that easily converts from crib to toddler bed, daybed and full-size bed with headboard. When the crib is assembled, it measures 40.5 in length by 29.8 in width by 56.7 inches in height. It features a three positioned adjustable mattress support base. The full-size bed version of this baby crib comes with a headboard and footboard.
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Bed: You can convert this crib to a toddler bed and day bed. It comes with a toddler bed conversion kit to make your task a lot easier. This crib's low profile design and four adjustable mattress positions make it easier to put a newborn baby. It is made of solid New Zealand pine wood to ensure sustainability.
TUFT & NEEDLE - Original Queen Adaptive Foam Mattress: The mattress comes featuring proprietary T&N adaptive foam. This construction helps to pull away heat with cooling graphite and gel beads. It is wrapped in a breathable plush cover, which helps to keep you cool and comfortable.
Don't think anymore; just make a perfect sleeping spot for your newborn baby by buying a crib with an ideal size mattress. Look out for the quality and the safety features of the products before purchasing.