Nowadays, bath bombs become more popular products for kids. Kids love bath bombs because they can make fun. Bath bombs come with various shapes and colors. I think homemade bath bombs are safe for kids. So, here I will describe how to make bath bombs for your kids easily so that they can enjoy it.
Read more : Bed Sheets Reviews
The Ingredients Needed to Make Bath Bombs for Kids
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/3 cup of citric acid
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. melted oil such as coconut, olive or sunflower oil
- Water liquefiable soap dye or food coloring
- Essential oils
- ¼ cup Epsom salt (optional)
- ¼ cup colloidal oatmeal (optional)
- Lavender or rose petals, orange peel to decorate
Other Ingredients You Also Need
- Water to spray
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic molds
Step by Step Directions to Make Bath Bombs for Kids
Mix baking soda and cornflour very well in a big bowl.
- Add pair drops of food color or soap dye, spray warm water on it and combine everything. Warm water helps to mix the color well. Dilute the intensity until you reach the preferred shade; if needed, add some more drops of coloring.
- In another small bowl, combine melted coconut, olive, or sunflower oil with essential oils. In this part, you mix essential oils in the carrier oil.
- Keep the mixture oil into the big bowl and dilute again. At that time, you can use your own hands or whisk to mix it. In the case of using your hands, you should wear gloves. Your mixture needs to be a little humid but not wet. If it becomes damp and heavy, keep it arid for a bit.
- After that, you can add citric acid and mix everything well. Your finishing mixture should look like damp sand. Then press the mixture in your palm. If the mixture remains together, then it is prepared. If not, you should spray a slight bit of water and combine again.
- Now package the bath bomb molds and add a little bit at a time, squeeze with the fingers or teaspoon resolutely. If you want to add flower petals or peel to decorate, you can keep them into the bottom of the mold. The molds need to be tightly packed.
- Finally, let this mixture sit in the bath bomb mold for a couple of minutes and then remove carefully. After that, you should leave it for 24 hours to dry or keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. These molds are ready to use and store it in a dry airtight container.
N.B. If you want to add the optional ingredients in your bath bombs, you do not need to change anything in the recipe, just add these ingredients with baking soda or citric acid and mix well.
Read more about related : best-chickasha-mugs
The Importance of Each Bath Bomb Ingredients
Baking Soda: Baking soda is the base or backbone or the main ingredients of a bath bomb recipe that works as a complementing agent to the citric acid and aids in creating the fizz, which is distinctive to bath bombs.
- Citric Acid: It is thought of as safe ingredients as it is often used in children's candy, juice, and sauces. In the case of a standard bath bomb recipe, you can use ½ cup citric acid, which makes bombs more gentle.
- Corn starch: This ingredient creates a bath bomb harder and bathwater softer like a silky feel.
- Melted oil: You can use numerous oils such as coconut, vegetable, olive oil etc. which make the bathwater softer and remain children's skin moisturized.
- Water liquefiable soap dye or food coloring: Adding color to the bath bombs is entirely optional, but the children can enjoy a lot these numerous colors of bath bombs.
- Bath bomb molds: You can purchase various beautiful bath bomb mold from online, or you can use the following things as bath bomb molds,
- Pudding pots or yogurt
- Toys plastic packaging
- Silicone ice cube trays
- Silicone cupcake cases
- Easter egg packaging etc.
You can use small bath bomb molds for toddlers and large molds for bigger kids. You can buy simple designs moulds such as butterflies, insects, or natural flower moulds that are easy to work.
- Essential oils: You can find various essential oils available in the market, and you use it according to your needs. The gentlest essential oils are Lavender essential oil and Chamomile essential oil. Lavender essential oil is perfect for bedtime baths, which relaxes children by aiding them to sleep well.
Some essential oils you should avoid in children’s bath bombs:
In the case of making bath bombs, the amount of essential oils relies on the children's age and the size of a bathtub. Dilution is necessary in the case of essential oils. Here is given a chart that provides the safe quantities of essential oils for children,
Recommended Essential Oil Usage for Different Age Children
|3+ Months||One drop of essential oil per 1 tbsp. of carrier oil|
|6 + Months||2-3 drops of essential oil per 1 tbsp. of carrier oil|
|2 Years+||Ten drops of essential oil per 1 tbsp. of carrier oil|
|6 Years+||Fifteen drops of essential oil per 1 tbsp. of carrier oil|
|10 Years+||Some amounts for adults given in each essential oil|
Extras or Optional: The ingredients mentioned above are enough to make beautiful bath bombs. But if you want, you can add Epsom salt or colloidal oatmeal
Is a bath bomb safe for kids?
Safety is always the priority when you create it for kids. Bath bombs (wikipedia) are safe, but if your kids have sensitive skin, sometimes some ingredients can irritate. For example, commercial bath bombs frequently have SLS, foaming ingredient which may be somewhat drying. Sometimes they contain high fragrance, which can irritate the skin. In the case of kids, you need to mix essential oils based on their age.
I think, in this article, I have described a natural bath bomb recipe for kids, which is very easy, simple, and suitable. These bath bombs can last six months if you can store it in a moisture-free clean gas jar. It is not so much costly and creates fun for children. Both kids and adults love these bath bombs. These bath bombs may incredible gifts for people as they like to receive.